Saturday, April 28, 2018

Within Hearing

It's always 'fun' (not) to discover new things that well...irritate you. 
Like you never noticed before how much something bugs you....

Until you're constantly being bombarded with that thing. 
and you realize.
It's super annoying.

With me, these 'annoyance' discoveries usually revolve around sound. 

As I can be rather sensitive to it.
And therefore I can't always handle repetitive or loud noises. 

So. 
What's this new noise that I've realized really irritates me?

It's people who use the speaker phone function to talk to the person on the other end of the line. 

I mean, I can understand how speakerphone can be very useful.
Like if there are multiple people in the room and you want everyone to hear what the person on the line is saying. I can see why you'd put it on speaker.

Or if like you're hands are full and you can't keep a phone pressed to your hear the entire conversation....I can get that too. 

But like....it still bugs me even if those situations above are happening. 
Because the staticy quality that comes with having the person on speaker gets on my nerves.

-And I hate it when I have to deal with customers on the phone at work where I can tell they're using speaker phone. *exhales* It never goes well. 

But like....I don't get it when people choose to use speakerphone when they're in public places. 
Like....do you really want the entire room to hear your conversation?
Because in public places, there usually is a lot of ambient noise already in the area. 
So you're having to speak louder to be heard, and the person is speaking louder to be heard and like....everyone within a mile could probably hear your entire conversation.....

It's enough to give me a headache most of the time.
When I'm trapped in a place where I can't find solace away from this conversation that I had no wish in hearing in the first place. 

I dunno.
It's probably a personality related thing.

Some people enjoy being loud, being noticed, being in the spotlight. 

Me?
I like the quiet. 
So when my quiet is disturbed unexpectedly....that's when I have issues. 

*shakes head* 

Ah well....Another learning experience, I suppose. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment