Saturday, April 14, 2018

A New Coworker

So. 
I have another new coworker in my department. 
Which first off: YAY. FINALLY. 
Because I've been like...what four people short all year? 
And we've finally hired a SECOND person in the last month to finally cover the gaps that were first left back in DECEMBER. 
*exhales*
Seriously....work has not been fun since December because we've been so short handed. 
Which it wouldn't have been a problem...but this past 'semester' has been hard because all the college going workers of mine...ended up all needing Tues/Thurs off for classes. 

Which left basically just me to work those days. *exhales* 
Yes. 
Very difficult. 

But that's retail for you I suppose lol. 

In any case.

I had heard from my manager a couple of days ago, that we were having a transfer come into our store.
-Meaning my coworker was transferring from another Starsmet to work in our store- 

But I hadn't thought anything more of it.
Because like....I hear these things and then it's another three months before anything really happens. 

*shakes head*

However, I was surprised to discover today at work.
That the transfer...was scheduled to work a shift. 

O.o
Huh?

So fast?! 
Weird. 

Lol, but what's funny is I hadn't met her yet.
As her first day in the store...was yesterday, when I was off. 

And she was supposed to come in to work the later part of the shift.
So I was on the look out for her, because like....I hadn't met her yet. 

So I was like "What does she look like?" 

And what I came away with was that she had "short black hair." 

Which.... O.o idk who said that?
Because the girl had dyed hair of reddish shades, and was curly, and pulled back in a pony tail because it was long. She was also shorter than I had been expecting...shorter than me.
Which is always weird because I don't really consider myself tall. lol. 

In any case.

It was interesting the type of persona I'd already kinda pieced together in my mind of how my coworker was going to be.

Taken from the brief hints I'd seen of her presence when I opened this morning (as she'd closed the night before), from her name (and dealing with people in the past with her name), from the description I'd been given, and from the knowledge that she was transferring from Cali....

It was interesting.
Because I was totally prepared to not like her.
She was Cali...and the last girl who'd transferred from a warm state...(I think that one had come from Florida actually?) had darker hair, had a 'mightier than thou' attitude, and just...wasn't the best of workers. 
She also had the same name as pervious roommates who also had dark hair.
And they too had a bit of an attitude and a bit of...well we didn't always get along. 

So I'd pictured in my mind, this tall skinny girl with dyed black hair cut in the 'can I speak with a manager haircut' and the 'I'm better than you" vibe and the expectation of "I'm going to be the most amazing worker here and you're going to appear like a slob after I'm done with you." sort of thought processes. 

Apparently I'm semi-threatened by transfers?? lol. 
*shakes head* Silly me.

But in reality?
She's completely opposite -as I described up above- she was shorter, had longer curly hair, and was really friendly. Asking questions, wanting to know how we do things in our store, because each location has their quirks and such, and yah, it was really...nice.
It was like an almost instant connection, of "oh hey, yah I think this will work"

Because I was totally not expecting that lol. 

But it was great, I enjoyed talking to her, and teaching her and first impressions after meeting her is I think this will work out.

lol we'll see if that's actually the case or not.

But yay for her not being at all how I imagined her to be like. ^^;; 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment