Sunday, April 15, 2018

One at a Time

So I've mentioned before that I'm not always the most social of people. 
Like, being on the more introverted side...I can only handle soo much engagement with other people before I just...get exhausted from it all.
Which is why more often than not I am quite happy to come home from work and crash for a couple of hours to try and recharge my social battery before I have to repeat the scenario the next day.

This means that I'm often not willing to go out and do 'extras' outside of work. As it's...hard to keep energy going. 

But there are times where I feel like I've stored up enough 'energy' that I can go and do the social thing.
I can contact a friend and be like "Hey wanna hang out?" Because I feel like doing so won't end up overtaxing me.

However. 
I've noticed this unfortunate trend in me trying to be social.
Unfortunate, because like I said. I have limited social battery.

As I've noticed like a day or so after I've reached out to someone and planned to be social....

It's like the floodgates have been unleashed.
Suddenly everyone is texting me or running into me and "wanting to do something"
And I'm like. O.o Where did you all come from?!?! 
I only planned for ONE social interaction this week.
Not SEVEN.
GO. AWAY. 

*shakes head*
Seriously.

I feel like it's the butterfly effect.

Where my small action of reaching out to be social.
Stirs the 'connection airwaves' or whatever of people I know.
Somehow triggering them to remember me, and therefore want to hang out. 

Like....couldn't you all take turns or something? Realize that you want me present for things at different times? Like space it out a week apart or something?
Because I only planned for ONE social engagement.
And you're just draining my energy faster by causing me to suddenly have to decide if I have the energy to meet up and interact with more people. 

*shakes head* 
It needs to stop.
I need to figure out how to not trigger those waves when I reach out.
Because honestly, it only makes me wanna go hide in my room again if too much is suddenly placed upon me at once. 
Let me do the one thing please. It makes my life so much easier. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment