Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Coming Back

So I took a long weekend away from work.
Mostly to focus on writing and such 
but also because I just needed a break from being there.
A break longer than a day off.

Again, mostly because I wanted to be able to sleep in and work on writing. 

In any case.
It's always a bit....interesting to return back to work after I've been gone longer than a day or so.
Because I don't quite know what I'll end up finding when I come back in.

I feel like there's always 'something' that's gone wrong while I'm gone and it doesn't end up getting fixed until I get back. 

Considering the sort of situations I've come back to in the past.
Today wasn't all that bad. 
And because I was expecting there to be issues.
I wasn't at all opposed to handling them. 

Lol So I feel like I ended up doing like three days work in like...one.

Because apparently Monday didn't go well, and Tuesday was heading to disaster.....

But I ended up facing the department, bringing out a whole horde of animals onto the floor as we had a bunch of empty cages, prepping the back for our next shipment of new animals expected on the morrow, doing the animal count, and after figuring that my manager hadn't managed to do all of opening on Monday also did the fish count that should have been done then, and also scrubbed Monday's tanks as they had obviously not been cleaned Monday either. *shakes head* This on top of having my coworker and I do the normal Wednesday opening tasks.....

Has left me rather tired lol. 
I went back to work and worked hard.
But ah. At least I wasn't bored. 
And I got it all done. ^^;;
So yay!

*shakes head* 
Glad it wasn't too crazy. 
We'll see if the rest of the week behaves as well. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment