Friday, April 27, 2018

The Big War

You know the most annoying thing about reading/watching a series that involves war?

It's the death.

Which, yah, it's to be expected.
It is war after all. With fighting and weapons and lots of blood and such....
People die. 

And while I often love the lead up to war.
The gathering of armies, the alliances, the strategies involved, as well as the mini battles before the 'big one.' 

I've found a strong dislike for the 'big final battle itself'

Because. People. Die. 

People that I've grown to love to care about. Characters that I want to see getting a happy ending and living a long life....

It hits hard when they die.

Especially your favorites. 

But like....I could understand if their death was meaningful.
Like "Oh, you died to save this person so they could go on and defeat the big evil" 

That I can see.
That I can understand even if I don't like it.

No what I hate.
And what happens all too often in books dealing with big wars....

Is that often I feel like the characters die pointlessly. Meaninglessly. In a completely stupid way where you can tell that the author/director was like "Oh, someone has to die here, how about *gestures randomly and points* YOU!" 

It's what got me off the Tennis Shoes series. It's what has stopped me from rereading the last book of the Wheel of Time.

Because the deaths....seemed meaningless to me. Pointless. Like....Why did 'this' character have to be soooo stupid and end up dying because of this?

Why did you have to choose this character to die because "somebody had to die. Not everyone can make it out alive." 

*shakes head* 

It's why I don't like seeing war.
Why I don't like reading about it.


*exhales*
Soo... ^^;; Needless to say.

I am a bit miffed at the recent Avengers Movie. Infinity War.

Because like....so many of my favorites....didn't make it.

Like I get it. 
It's a war.
The Big Bad needs to kill some of the major characters to have a major impact and such.

But like....I don't like it.
At all. 

Especially in how some of them died. 
Especially after the actions and measures they took to try and win and---

Gah.

I don't like it.
I hate these big war things.
Because often death is meaningless.
The characters are just gone.

*exhales*

Yah....I prefer happy endings. 

I want that over endless angst and tropes and ugh....
Give me the happy ending. 

Please. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment