Wednesday, January 2, 2019

A Broken Flush

I broke our toilet today.
Okay,
Technically it was already broken? 
But like.
I broke it further.

As it wasn't flushing, because the handle was just loose and not doing anything.
So I checked the tank to see if the chain to the little handle thingy had fallen off again.
As that's been the cause a couple of times in the couple years I've lived here.

But nope.
It wasn't the chain.
It was the long handle thingy inside the tank that was broken.
It was still connected and everything, but had been worn down enough that it just hung there limply.
So in my attempt to fix it and find out what was wrong, I lifted this handle thingy...

And it snapped off.

Bye bye functioning toilet. *exhales*

Thankfully, My roomie was on her way home from work and stopped by the local Home Depot where she got a replacement part.

Once she got home, we took apart the old broken handle thingy and put in the new handle thingy

And walla!

Working toilet! Woot!!

Glad this issue was only an issue for like an hour or so.

Because a nonfunctioning toilet is not a fun thing to have.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment