Friday, January 4, 2019

The Journey Alone

They were supposed to go together.
My parents.

It's all I've had on my mind today.
They were supposed to go together.

It's crazy how plans can unexpectedly change.
How lives can be so quickly altered.

It's my parent's favorite cruise.

Going through the Panama canal.
I feel like they've gone almost every Winter for the past handful of years.

This is the first year my Dad's going alone. 

Well. Not alone. 
He's brought a family member with him.

But it's not the same.

Not the same as being with Mom.

*exhales*

I hope it's a fun cruise for him. That the happy times outweigh the memories that bring sorrow.
That there's adventure.
Fun.
Laughter and Smiles.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment