Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Lights Out

Occasionally in the store we would get customers who would comment "It's rather dark in here." 

Which always confused me. 
Because...no it wasn't? 
I mean the lights were on. 
We could see everything.
It wasn't dim at all.

But apparently....that's because I never knew anything different lol.
Or else the six years I've been at my work was long enough to forget what 'real' lighting is.

As our new head manager managed to get approval to replace all the lightbulbs in our ceiling that were out.

Which I knew we had some lights out. I mean we've always had some lights out.

After all...we can't just climb up a ladder to reach the ceiling to change out bulbs. No. The ceilings are way too high.
So it wasn't anything I really paid attention to. 

But our new head manager did.
Noticed how 'dark' it was. 

Even though I thought we had plenty of light.

Nope.

Apparently we had 129 lightbulbs that were out in the store. ()_()

Which is a lot when you think about it.
Though I think that's only like...maybe a third of our lightbulbs? Maybe a fourth?

I have no idea. Each hood thing holds like 8 lightbulbs (those long tube lights) And almost every single hood thing had at least one if not more bulbs out.

And for the past day or so.
This guy has come in for a bit (until his cool moving lift ladder thing runs outta battery) to get up to the lights and replace them.

And wow.
It's so bright in the store now.
Like seriously.
It's a huge difference.

I get it now when people say the store was 'dark' 
It actually was.

I mean not dark dark.
But yah. It's like comparing evening light with noon light.
You can still see. But the noon light sure gives you a lot more detail and clarity than the evening light would. 

Unfortunately we still have like 20 more bulbs that need to be replaced. -as the dude's ladder thing died and needed to be recharged. 

Still though. I look forward to seeing the entire store with full lights.
Because the 3/4ths of the store that does is so bright right now.
It's weird.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment