Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Sand No Go

It took me a while to remember her.
This customer on the phone.
A rather upset customer on the phone.

Who had bought one of our tanks like two weeks ago to move her fish in. 
And one of us in the store had told her that it should be fine to put sand in the tank and that her fish wouldn't have any issues.

-Which I seriously hope that wasn't me....I mean I don't usually recommend sand. But still....I probably wouldn't have thought there would be an issue.

In any case.
Apparently she'd set up the tank, put the sand in then put the fish in....

Only to have the fish she'd had for like a year or so in a different tank....die within the same day she put them in the new tank.

O.o
She was blaming the sand.
And in the heat of the moment...I could see why she would be concerned.
Though later in the conversation I began to wonder if her issue hadn't been the sand in the bottom of the tank, but instead adding in too many fish into a brand new tank too soon. 

Because putting fish in a new tank can be stressful. 

But in any case.
The customer was blaming the sand and saying how her husband was furious because those were "twenty dollar fish" in those tanks. 

And now no longer wants anything to do with the fish or any of the tanks and wants her to return the tank ASAP.

-Which was why she was calling in the first place.
She wanted to know what our return policy was to see if she could actually return the tank.

She could.
The minor hiccup being that she needed to have the receipt to prove that she bought the tank from us.

She wasn't sure she would be able to find it.
So I ended up looking it up and was able to find it just in case she couldn't find hers.

The main hiccup being?
She paid almost the entire thing in cash. 
And she wanted to know if she would be able to get cash back for that return.

:S

Even though the tank was on sale when she got it...it's still well over $100 in cash that she was wanting us to just hand out.

We would much rather put it on the Debit card that she used for part of the purchase.

Only....she couldn't.
Why? It was no longer an active card because she'd had to close the account after fraudulent charges were charged to her account. 
*exhales*

Thankfully she still had the card, so we just needed her to bring it in to prove that she was the one who'd paid for it so that we could give her the cash back. Because again. It was a lot of money. 

In any case.
By the end of the conversation I had placed the customer.

I'd been the one to help her get the tank.
Though I don't recall if I helped her with the sand or not.

But she'd been in the store once before.
Having wanted to get a 60 gallon tank at the time, but she wanted the stand that our Display tank (when we had a fully set up 60 gallon fish tank running) was sitting on.

Which I told her we couldn't do....

and then like two weeks after that conversation we got word we were getting rid of the display fish tanks. *shakes head*

In any case.
I really wanted nothing further to do with her after I hung up the phone.
Because I remembered the last two experiences with her.
And hated them.

Because her energy is not a good energy to be around.
It's a bit too chaotic.
And it's not helped that she has two kids that have the same type of energy and are either running around the store like they've been hyped up on a store filled with candy, or else are constantly tugging at your shirt and arm and touching you to get your attention.

So yah.
I didn't want to see her or deal with the kids or any part of the transaction.

Which thankfully she said she would come in after I would be off work.

Unluckly though....she showed up four hours earlier than expected. :S :S :S

Yeesh.

However, I was still lucky in that I was in the middle of bringing out new birds to the floor so I was stuck in the bird enclosure getting everyone into their new homes while the whole return was happening.

So yay for avoiding the chaotic energy!!

*exhales*

Definitely more stress than I wanted to deal with today though. *shakes head*

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment