Monday, January 21, 2019

Three Clicks

There was this guinea pig in our ISO room that we've had back there for like three weeks now.
Because he was being treated for a case of ringworm.
Which usually takes 2-3 weeks if not slightly longer (depending on how bad of a case it is) before the skin heals and the fur grows back.

And this guinea pig had finally reached the point where I deemed him healthy enough to go home. 

So when it was a little bit later in the morning (as people don't like being called at seven am) 
I punched in the phone number that had been given as a way to contact the owner and waited for the caller to pick up.

Surprisingly, they picked up only after a couple of rings.
But there was a slight pause before the woman on the phone was like "Hello?"

And I was like "Hi! My name is Sarnic from Starsmet--" I don't even know if I got through the whole spiel of I was looking for "So and So" or not.
But there was a click.

And I looked at my phone to see that the woman had hung up on me.
O.o

Huh?
Like wouldn't you want to stay on the line if you heard it was your petstore calling? Like especially when you have a guinea pig you brought to us so we could treat him and bring him back?

So I called right back.
You know...in case the line accidentally had been disconnected.
-As that does happen on occasion, the phone call drops.

And it rang once...picked up and the person on the other end immediately hung up before I could utter a word.

….
I was almost ready to give it up for the day just then.
Because like...if the same number calls you twice in a row you'd think you'd want to pick up and listen?
Because like scam callers don't call you multiple times in a row.

Though my brain was wondering at this point, because I'm a writer and I've seen a ton of crime shows...
If the woman thought I was someone trying to take her man away from her.
As the name on the paperwork was a guy's name. 
But a woman kept answering.

The thought was halfway confirmed when I called for a third time and the woman picked up saying 'Hellooooooooo?" 

So I was like "Hi, I'm calling for So and So is he there?"
And she was like "He's my husband, how can I help you?" 

-Key word there was "Husband" aka. "He's mine." 
*rolls eyes* 
-Yes I could be making this up, but she seriously sounded possessive over the phone.

So I was like "This is Sarnic from the Starsmet, calling in regards to the guinea pig that was dropped off to us. As he's ready to be picked up."

Her attitude changed completely after that. 
"Oh! I was just going to come in today to ask about him!"

"Yah, he's healthy and ready to be picked up."

"Great! I'll be in as soon as I can depending on how bad the roads are." (it snowed heavily today) 

It was a couple of hours later when she showed up with husband and kids in tow to get the guinea pig.

For which I was glad that they were able to have a happy reunion.
Though I do still wonder why I had to call 3 times before I could actually get what I wanted to say across. *exhales* 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment