Saturday, January 26, 2019

Covering the Cost

It was a simple enough plan.
Grab tickets and meet up with a group of people to go see a movie.
Simple.
There were four of us going.
And we were ordering the tickets online.
And I say we I mean me.

As I didn't know when or if I'd have time to go in person to grab the tickets.
And like we wanted good seats for the movie right?
Plus everyone would pay me back that was going that I didn't know.

So easy.
Four of us.
I would be paid back for half the tickets.
No big deal.
So I bought the tickets.

Except....plans never go according to plan right?

Right.

This morning my friend got the text.
One of the others couldn't make it.

No big deal.
I had roommates and such I could bring along.
So I asked if one of them wanted to come.

And figured I wouldn't ask them to purchase the ticket.
After all, I was basically asking them last second to come and ensure that the seat didn't go to waste.

And the third individual was still going.
So would pay me back.
So not a total loss.
Paying for 3 of the 4 tickets.

….Except that last person....cancelled.
Like 40 minutes before the show started.

Which meant....
I pulled in my other roommate.

And like...I was in the same boat there.
How can I ask someone to pay me back for a ticket when they hadn't had the intention to go until I called them to ask if they would.

So yah....
Basically treated everyone to a movie out.

Which was great.
I enjoyed the time and the company.

But now that I'm home....
I just....

I feel drained again.
Feel like I've given a lot....but haven't received a lot in return.

I mean. One of my love languages is Gift Giving right?
So buying tickets and spending the money.
Isn't that big of a deal in my mind.
Because that's how I show love.

I just....idk. I'm just kinda left meh right now.

But yah.
Note to self for next time I do this.
I'm only buying tickets for people I know....and are confident won't bail at the last moment.
Because this was stressful. *exhales*

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment