Saturday, January 12, 2019

Cage Cut

It seemed like a simple enough thing.
A customer was trying to see if a bird cage she was interested in buying had all the pieces inside as the box had been opened.
So the customer was trying to see if the cage had been bought previously and returned. 

So me, being helpful, pulled the cage and such out of the box to show her that it all looked to be brand new. The perches were still tied together, the bottom of the cage still in its wrapping.
So more than likely the box had just been opened and not used.
-Probably because another customer had wanted to do the same thing this customer was doing. 

In any case, once I'd established the cage was good.
I went to put everything back in the box.

And while putting the main part of the cage away...
My fingers...idk slipped? 
And a rough edge of the cage, possibly one of the hooks or something, caught my fingers on the way down.
Scratching them.

Which the first two fingers just have faint gouges in them. Nothing major, a couple layers of skin peeled away.
But the last finger, my ring finger...
Didn't fare as well. 
Nope it took a second.
But blood began welling in the cut. 

Only I was still working with the customer, trying to get the cage put away.

Thankfully we managed to get everything back in the box, and I could excuse myself before it got too bad.
And managed to get a band-aid on my finger so I could keep the wound protected while I continued working.

But yah.
It does make doing things rather difficult. *shakes head* Finger wounds are rather annoying to deal with when I need them for like...everything. 

Until you read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment