Saturday, January 5, 2019

UnOpened

It's one of those memories. That never really leaves the back of your mind. 
I mean, how can it when it's everywhere?

So. 
Back when I was a kid.
We had a babysitter while my parents went out. 
I believe it was a cousin this time around. Not sure though. 

In any case.
She wanted to watch a movie.
Only the movie she picked was one that we hadn't opened yet.

It was a new movie.

And me.
I was very reluctant to let my babysitter open that movie.
After all.
It meant it hadn't been watched yet.

What if Mom got mad?
I mean, what if she wanted to watch it first?
We couldn't open it if Mom was supposed to watch it first!!

In the end I think we didn't open the movie.
Though I can't remember for sure. I know we watched something that night. It might have been the movie.

In any case.

After the parents came back. 
I think the babysitter mentioned the scenario to them.
As I believe Mom sat me down to tell me that it was okay to open the unopened movies and watch them.

It's one of those memories that sticks.
Since it comes to mind basically everytime I open a new movie lol. 

Which I did tonight.
Though it was a bit more emotional tonight.
Since the 'new' movie I opened...
Was one that Mom had bought.
One she'd bought...
And never watched.
Because it hadn't been opened yet. 

So it was more of a tearjerker pulling the wrapping off the DVD so I could watch the movie. 

It will probably be so for every movie of Mom's that I open that haven't yet been...opened. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment