Thursday, January 10, 2019

An Attempt

I brought home a bunch of pest snails today.
A variety of trumpet and pond snails to be exact.

Why?

Because my bettas like to eat them.
Particularly Mushu the betta in my corner tank that I have.
Which is rather unfortunate as his tank needs to most help when it comes to algae control. 

And snails do a really good job of eating algae in my betta tanks, keeping them nice looking.

Only it doesn't work so well when the betta eats all the snails. *shakes head* 

I'd actually brought home snails already earlier this week, dividing them up between the different betta tanks around the house.

Only I'd noticed that Mushu had already gone to town on his.
So I made an effort to put a boatload ton of snails in his tank.
In the hopes that there would be so many he wouldn't be able to hunt them all.

Not sure how well it's working currently as I can hear the occasional ping of him attacking yet another snail.
But I'm crossing my fingers that the snails will succeed in cleaning up the algae in the tank before Mushu has them all for brunch. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment