Sunday, January 13, 2019

A Little Prodding

*exhales*
Sometimes I wonder what I get myself into.
Though to be fair, I didn't think anyone would respond.

So like, it's no secret that I write.
I've had the goal to write at least one fic-one story- a month and post it online. 

But on Friday...I just wasn't feeling that inspired.
Like...I wanted to write, but my current writing projects were being more daunting than I was able to handle.

So while scrolling through Tumblr I saw a prompt ask list thing.
Where you reblog it and people can then send you prompts from the list for you to write a short story about. 
(Ha. Short. Ha.) 

And since I wasn't being productive otherwise (mostly because I was fighting a headache and looking for a distraction) 

I reblogged it basically saying "Hey send me one, I need a distraction." 

Though from past track records.
Reblogging those things works like...once every six reblogs.
And it was like my first time reblogging a writing prompt ask thingy.

So like...I didn't know what to expect.

As I'm known occasionally as a writer there.
But I'm not famous famous in the circles I wander in lol. 

So needlessly I was surprised to get not one, but TWO writing prompts from people.

And like. ()_()

Agh.

The full realization of how much trouble I was in hit pretty hard. lol.
Though funnily enough I was up for the challenge.

As writing can go one of two ways.
It's easy and I get it done in like a day or two....
Or I struggle hard core and it takes months to write out five chapters. 

The first prompt.
Easy.
Wrote it in a day.
But I ran out of time for the second prompt....

Which is bad because usually after a 'good' day of writing....I usually end up with like two or three days where for whatever reasons (like evil headaches) I can't write or don't have time or you know...problems.

Yah that's what happened here with that second prompt.
Ran out of time, encountered more headaches and yah....
Still working on that second prompt.

But the good thing about said writing prompts, is that it gets me to write a bit faster.
Because I know that there's someone waiting to see what I've written.
And I don't want to leave them hanging for too long.

Therefore. I write a bit faster than when I'm writing a story that no one (besides my confidant) knows I'm writing. ^^;;;

Lol so pros and cons to the writing prompts things.
Pros. I WROTE!! woot!!

Cons....I delayed my other projects I shouldn't be delaying. Oops. ^^;; 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment