Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Firsts

Another problem with the past week....
Has been that it's a week of 'firsts'

Firsts since Mom passed away.

And it's hard.
Hard to figure out that new normal.

*exhales*

Like celebrating birthdays.

Usually what we would do is go out to dinner sometime around the family member's birthday to celebrate it.

But that's been....hard.
More hard on my siblings really.
To go to restaurants that we would go to as a family. 

So there's been a push to....do other things. 

Which is hard for me.
Because I love traditions.
So tradition would be "We go out to eat to celebrate dinner!" 

But not all the rest of the family felt that way.
It's like...
There was a slight desire to go back to childhood days.
Where we would gather family together and do a cake and ice cream thing.

Which is what Kikay chose to do Sunday.
Chose to invite people she wanted to invite over to Dad's home.
And we had pizza, visited, and had cake and ice cream.

It was nice.
It was low key.
It was fun (when I wasn't suffering from the headache) 
And like...there weren't strong reminders of "Mom should be here too. "

In any case.
Today.
The day of actual celebration.

Kikay wanted to do a friend thing.
Go to dinner to a favorite spot with us and enjoy it.

Which...having suffered from being...sick like...all day yesterday....
I was doing my best to get myself feeling better so I could go to dinner with everyone and not be a miserable sniffle headache case in the meantime.

Thankfully.
The sun shone on me, and despite having the headache...
I was able to muster the energy to join everyone out.

Which I'm glad I did.
As the headache faded away soon after eating real food.
And I had fun interacting with everyone. 

We even got to see a bit of hail!
Which was random lol.

But yah.
I was glad I could feel well enough to be there to support Kikay on her B-day. :) 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment