Thursday, May 30, 2019

Seen It Twice

There's something to be said about seeing movies more than once.

I had the opportunity to see Aladdin twice in these past couple of days.
The live action version. 

Which the first time around the movie seemed a bit....choppy. Rushed. The beats didn't flow well. 

But I put it down to the fact that I hadn't seen the movie before.
I mean it's Aladdin.
My favorite Disney movie.
The cartoon I watched hundreds of times when I was a kid (and still watch on occasion now.)

Of course I would be watching the live action version to see how similar to the cartoon it is.
And like any remake.
The movies aren't the same. 
There are key differences.
Scenes take place in different orders.
Other parts are completely altered or left out.

So yah.
Watching the movie the first time around...
It was good. I liked it. 
But the pacing felt off. 

And I realized it's because I was watching to see the similarities. Watching to see how they would do certain scenes.

So when things didn't happen or happened out of order.
It was hard to fully enjoy the movie because my brain was basically in critique mode.

But tonight.
I was able to go see the movie again.
And enjoy it more.

Why?
Because I'd seen it before.
I knew what scenes would be there and which ones wouldn't.
I knew the pacing.
I knew the story.
And the differences.

So seeing Aladdin tonight again I was able to enjoy it a lot more.
I was able to enjoy it as a movie.
And not as a remake.

And as a movie.
I really liked it.

Of course it has it's moments where I thought it could have been better.

But overall. It's one of my favorites.
And I can't wait for it to come out so I can put it on my TV and watch it over and over again while I write lol. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment