Sunday, May 26, 2019

Ravens Wing

My brother, his wife, and I hiked up to Delicate Arch this afternoon.
It's basically a tradition really.
To do this hike while we're in Arches.

And I really can't think of a time we've visited the park without making the mile and a half climb up to see Delicate Arch standing there on the side of a cliff.

It's always breathtaking and beautiful.
And thankfully today not too windy.
As that place can get really windy.

In any case.
While we were making the labored climb up the rock face,
I mentioned to my family -as we were watching a Raven flying above us-- that I've never seen a Raven fly through the arch.

Like I think I may have seen the little sparrow/finch birds fly through the arch especially for the couple of years that there was a nest in one of the crannies.

But a raven itself?
Hadn't really seen it.

And you know what happened?

We reached Delicate Arch,
And I wandered over to the arch itself, but to the side so I could get my usual 'backwards' picture of the arch that isn't the normal view point.
And I looked up from my phone camera in time to see one of the Ravens that had been hanging around take flight....

and fly directly through the arch.

()_()

Just.
()_()

I mean what are the crazy odds.
That we mention never seeing a Raven fly through the arch and then it did?!

It.
Was.
Awesome!!

And very heart touching really.
As my family kinda views the Raven as a guardian to us. We see them everywhere.
And to watch the raven fly through the arch not once, not twice, but three times.

It was just...heart warming. 
Kinda like a sign of "I'm still here. I'm listening to you."

And I really just...treasure it.
That moment.
Being able to see it.

Definitely a memory I want to remember forever.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment