Thursday, May 16, 2019

In a "Hurry"

I had one of those irritating 'yo-yo' customers in the store today.
Where they give you a bit of whiplash with what they want and how soon they want things done.

Unfortunately for me, this customer is a repeat customer.
I've dealt with him...three times? Four times? Now.

And overall the request is simple.
He wants to buy a lizard for his son.
Though he had to pick some of the more difficult lizards to keep as pets.
The Long-Tailed Lizards, Green Anoles, and Bahaman Anoles.

Which care wise they're not that hard to take care of.
But handling wise?
All three can be rather fast.
So for a young boy....it's not the best pet to get as they're more of a watching pet. 

So it's not surprising that they're having....issues.

I mean the guy's already been in twice this week.
Because one of the long-tails escaped.
And he bought a green anole and a Bahaman to replace it because we hadn't gotten in any more long-tails in yet.
But he came back in today as well to get a long-tail -which lucky him the shipment of reptiles showed up while he was there otherwise I wouldn't have had any. 
But he came back today because the other 'non lost' long-tail of the originals had died. So he wanted a replacement for that. 

In any case.
It's the same story everytime with him.

"I'm in a hurry"
Is what he tells us all.

Which I honestly don't think he is.
He's just trying to get us to rush for him so he gets service faster.
Because if you were actually in a hurry you would have bought the lizard and left.

But no.
The dude proceeded to make a nuisance of himself for a good thirty-forty minutes in the store.
Asking questions about lids, about backgrounds---
Mansplaining things to me when I understood him the first time but he didn't understand me.
Like "No we don't sell these lids"
"But I bought the cage from you!"
"We sell the cage yes, but we don't sell the lids separately.
"Oh."

And like he was like "Oh you have a points system how does that work? Well I've spent X amount of money here in the last month and my points don't reflect that!" 
-like did you use your phone number every time?
Did you return things because the points go down if you do?
Did you redeem them at some point?

And like after making a nuisance over the points redeeming system he was like "oh by the way you charged me for this thing I didn't buy so I want my money back."
Which after establishing that it was alright.
He was going to put the 'money back' towards buying a separate thing.
But then decided middle of transaction that once again "he was in a hurry"
So ended up getting just a merch card with his refund on it so he could 'come back later' because he needed to 'take his kid to school'

….Like why go shopping before taking your kid to school? That's just trouble all around. Why not come after school? Why do you keep repeating the same thing of coming before school?? Like life would be a lot less stressful for all of us if you weren't in a hurry.

But like he was so easily distracted to.
He left the register at least six times to go look at other things or ask me questions leaving the cashier hanging and waiting for him to return. (luckily it wasn't busy)

But gah.
I was so ready for the dude to be gone by the time he left.
Like....I see this as an ongoing problem.
Because if the lizards keep dying/escaping he's going to keep coming back and like....gah.
I hope I'm not around the next time he comes in because I hate his frentic energy.

His "Hurry up I'm in a hurry!" need that doesn't match his "Ask you a hundred questions and spend a long time in the store" sort of actions. 

I don't get it.
At all.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment