Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Green Everywhere

It's been raining pretty consistently for the last week or so.
Forever it feels like.

Which I know Spring is supposed to be wet.
But we still have snow in the mountains.
Like actual snow snow.
The ski resorts nearby are predicting that they could have skiing far later than normal. Like up to the 4th of July. O.o which is kinda crazy to think about.

But it's weird to have so much moisture.

Because like....last year? A weekish from now?
The valley had been so dry.
So very dry.
In a week will be the one year anniversary of our house almost catching fire.
So like...
It's weird.
To see how green it is here currently.

Honestly I know it's nothing comparable to the coast of Oregon but the wet weather and near constant cloud cover has me feeling a lot like I'm back in Oregon again.
It's crazy. 
crazy how wet and how green and how cool things have been still.

I feel like last year we were already in the 90s

This year.
I don't know if we've gotten above 80 yet.

Which is great for me because I don't like heat. 

But it's just crazy how much things can be different after a year.

I mean everything is growing so well.

The grasses behind our house have covered the hill with a vengeance.
Even if our one remaining cotton tree is still deader than a doornail.

It's so green.

And I'm loving it. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment