Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Help?

My coworker called out sick today.
Which I kinda predicted when the phone rang early in the morning at work,
And then soon after my managers called for me to come to the office over the intercom.

That usually indicates that something has gone wrong.
And that something....was my coworker calling out.
Which meant that I would be opening by myself in the department.

It's no longer that big of a deal, beyond me having to readjust my plans for the day to account for not having someone in to help me when I was planning to have someone help me. 

Except.

This time around.
I didn't end up by myself.
No the managers actually went ahead and called in a coworker to take over the other shift.
So that I would still have help this morning.
And that I would be able to focus on the bedding change and not worry about getting the rest of the department open as well.

Which it's now such the odd feeling.
To have someone helping out in the department.

We got done opening a lot faster than normal.
Like by the time I took my lunch we just needed to feed the fish and we would be completely done with opening tasks. 

O.o

That doesn't happen that often lol.

And it left me at a loss of what to do for the three hours after that because....like what else is there to do?

I ended up doing a bunch of smaller task things that I usually overlook because I'm focusing on just trying to get the department open.

So yah.
It was nice.
Weird.
But nice to be done opening....at least stress wise in getting things done.
I mean...after the tasks were done....there's not much to do but help customers, which I don't mind....except the store was dead today. Barely any customers.
Which makes time go much slower lol. 

Still.
I made it!
Woot!

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment