Monday, May 27, 2019

Rain Hikes

So yesterday, before we did the Delicate Arch hike.
My family ventured out to go find some Dinosaur Tracks (and Petroglyphs).
Some of them we had seen before, others were new that my Daddoo wanted to check out.

And while we were at the Poison Spider trail.
An older gentleman came up to us and asked us if this was the hike to Corona Arch.

Which is a hike I've only been to once before.
And it's been at least 10-15 years I think since we did that hike as a family.
Because I distinctly remember us taking our dogs Sadie and Pepper with us on this hike (as it's not in the national park and therefore dogs can come) 
And since both puppies have passed on....it's been a while.

In any case.
The Poison Spider trail wasn't the path you wanted to take to get to Corona Arch.
I knew that much.

But honestly I had no idea where the arch was located.
I just knew it was outside of Arches. But whether it was along this same road or somewhere completely different....*shrugs* No idea.

Thankfully I had enough internet/service connection on my phone to look it up on the Maps.
And found that it was just like two bends in the road away from where we were at.

So I basically told the gentleman to get back on the road and continue driving until he saw the sign as it was on this road, just further down.

In any case.
That put a thought into my Brother's head.

That it would be fun to go hike that Arch.

As like I said.
We've only done it once before.

So today, while we had a little time before a major rainstorm hit.

We took to the trail (without any puppies) and hiked to the arch.

*whistles*
Just. Wow.
Such an amazing hike and the arch looks just as I remember.
It's giant lol. And you can go right underneath it. 

But mostly what was memorable about the hike was that it did start raining while we were there.
But it was mostly just small storm cells crossing over us, so the rain didn't last long.

And my brother, has had an interest in storms/weather and so made an educated guess on when we should leave to head back down the trail so we could avoid the rain.

He did pretty well.
It started raining just as we reached the parking lot. ^^;; lol. 

And....it rained the entire drive back home after that point.
So really we were lucky to have been able to hike in that lull between storms. :D 
Fun moment for sure. :) 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment