Monday, July 15, 2019

A Celebration

Today is Mother Dearest's Birthday.

The her first birthday without her here on earth to celebrate it. 

I have to admit.
It was difficult. Difficult being at work today.
Because just random little things like seeing Mom's favorite fish, would set me off and have tears streaming from my eyes. 

So yah....if I had been thinking I might have taken a leaf from Daddoo's book and taken the day off. 
But at the same time...I find it easier to distract myself and no easier way to distract myself than to be busy at work. 

But yah.
It was difficult.
Because what are you supposed to do on a birthday when the person has passed?

In my case.
I chose to celebrate it by doing things that Mom liked to do. 

So Kikay and I ventured out to Barnes and Noble.

Because Mom loved to read and collect books, but not only that but Mother Dearest loved to buy us books and would take any opportunity to do so. 

So we went to Barnes and Noble to each pick out a book to buy--and in typical Mother Dearest fashion lol we ended up each leaving with two before we ventured over to the nearby Arctic Circle and got ourselves some Lime Rickies because that was one of the drinks that Mom loved to get there. 

And after that we came home....where I was sure to grab a mountain dew because that was Mother Dearests signature drink.

So yah.
It wasn't anything crazy. But it helped us feel closer to Mom. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment