Sunday, July 14, 2019

Light

So, there I was, suffering from a migraine because I stressed myself out too much yesterday apparently.
And I'd decided that I wanted to venture out into our TV room and put on a show and listen to it in the semi-darkness as I didn't really want to deal with light shining in through the windows.

My roomies had all gone to Church and weren't expected back for another half hour to an hourish.
So I decided to close all the blinds in the room -as they'd been left open by roomie- so I could enjoy the darkness. 

And I was just getting to the point of settling down to pick out something to listen to on Netflix....

When one of my roomies unexpectedly came home early. 

She encountered me in the TV room and immediately went to the blinds I had literally shut like five minutes earlier and was like "Can I open these?" 

I was quick to say "I just shut those, I'm sensitive to light right now." 

And the roomie like freaked out on me. "ITS TOO DARK DOWN HERE!" she practically yelled beofre she stormed off to her room and slammed the door shut.

Which. 
I was well aware of how much roomie has been craving to have light. As she's mentioned before that she likes having a lot of light...

Only....she literally never spends any time whatsoever in the TV room.
The only time she's in the TV room is when she's headed elsewhere.

The rest of the time she'd locked up in her room and doesn't ever leave it. 

---Which for someone who craves light...you'd think she'd turn on the lights in her room more often and not just rely on the lights coming through the window -which isn't enough light for her, judging by how often she'd complained of how dark it was.

In any case.
The whole vibe of watching TV in the darkness had totally been ruined by her and her sudden flare of Anger.
I didn't want to hang out in that room with the knowledge that she could potentially come out and send more negative energy my way. 

So I pulled open the curatins --not that she ever left her room to see that. *rolls eyes* 
And retreated to my room, which wasn't ideal, but I did have my laptop so I just put on a show on netflix there and hung out until I needed to leave.

But still.
It's frustrating.
I mean I get wanting to have more light in a place. 
But the curtains had literally been open all week long.
Why flare up at me now when I had just barely shut them?

I don't get it.
I'm assuming that something happened to put her in a bad mood and the refusal to open the curatins right away just was the needle that broke the camel's back.

But at the same time.
I'm kinda tired of not knowing how this roomie will react to things.
Because she can be quite the mood killer when she ever deigns to leave her bedroom. 

Until you next see these words; 
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment