Saturday, July 13, 2019

In Search of Bread

*exhales*
Sometimes it's difficult living in a college town.
Especially when its a Saturday....and you're trying to shop for a specific food.

Because wouldn't you know it? The one thing you're wanting to buy....is nowhere to be found.

The last time I tried to find a 'specific' thing it had been Ranch Wheat Thins and I'd gone to like four different stores looking for them and couldn't find them.

Today it was Garlic Bread.

Because we were doing Spaghetti tomorrow for the family dinner.
And we always buy these loaves of Garlic Bread that you toss in the oven for like 10 minutes and walla toasty garlicy buttery goodness!

Honestly. My favorite part of dinner is that bread.

And yet.
The first grocery story I dropped by.....had nothing. 
Like they had other breads, but nothing that said "garlic bread." 

Weird.
But not unheard of I suppose, after all, it was a Saturday, like the most popular shopping day of the week ---though it did feel oddly not crowded there...summer time lull??

In any case.
I figured I would just drop by the other grocery store on my way home---though that took a bit because I ended up having to weave through this complicated detour because the road near that store was under construction/closed.

But when I finally arrived at the store I darted inside for the bread because I had groceries from the other store in my car and in the 90degree heat I didn't want things to melt (the chocolate melted foo) or you know get too warm. 

Only when I went to the bread section.
What did I find?
Nothing. 
No Garlic Bread.

By this time I was hot, tired, getting a headache, and so done because I had just gotten off work and was ready to go home to rest.

So I called up my Daddoo and was like "Can you grab the garlic bread please because there is none down here in college town."

He said yes.
And wouldn't you know it---he found it easy peasy.
*exhales*

The difference between living in a college town and a noncollege town I suppose.

But thankfully he found some because spaghetti wouldn't have been the same without that garlic bread. :D 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment