Friday, July 5, 2019

A Low Key Celebration

Because my Birthday happens the day after the 4th of July.
There's not always 'time' to celebrate it.
Friends are often gone on vacation so having birthday parties always happened like the week before or the week after...
Plus like my Mom's side of the family often likes to have their reunions on the Fourth of July weekend.
So often I'm out of town myself too and therefore not often in spots to do an actual birthday celebration.

This year.
Was the latter.
The family reunion once again happened over the fourth of July weekend. 

And as I've gotten older...I haven't always chosen to join the family reunions. 

But this year.
I didn't want to miss it.

As again, it's the first Family reunion on my Mom's side....without my Mom.

And I wanted to show her side of the family that we were still....well part of the family.
Just because Mom wasn't there didn't mean that we couldn't be there.

Originally the plan was it to be all of my family going up to the reunion.
But in the end, due to various circumstances, it ended up being just me and Daddoo being able to make it.

So really, this time of year. 
Even though it's my birthday.
I wasn't focused on it. 
I was willing to put myself aside to you know...spend time with Mom's side of the family. Her brothers and sisters. 
I wanted the focus to be more on bonding with them. 
Because I wanted to show them that we were still there. 

Heh.
But family still managed to remember my birthday even though I was purposely not bringing it up. 
I was given a card by my Aunt and Uncle.
And a different Aunt got me a cake.

So that was great. :D 

But yah. Compared to other years, my birthday was lowkey.
Lunch and Dinner with family.
The opportunity to write a little bit.

So yah.
It was nice. Nice to have a mellow day. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment