Saturday, July 27, 2019

Decorating is Hard

Decorating things is hard. 
Because I often doubt myself and my decisions when it comes to buying things and getting them all to work together.

Though I really should have more confidence in me, because I can set up some pretty nifty looking setups when it comes to organizing my room and like designing tanks. 

But I always like to have like a second opinion, you know, to make sure that it's a good path to go on.

Usually I have Kikay to help me with those decisions.
Because like...she's an artist. So therefore can see when things are working and when they're not.

Only she's not here anymore to ask things.
Since she's back home.
And doesn't answer texts that quickly.

So today, while I was preparing to buy some new 'large' decorations to be the main center pieces in my tank for the new theme.

I ended up having a dithering moment.
Of "Do these pieces actually go together?" Yes. No. Yes. No. Yes. No.

Yah by the end of my work shift I was mentally exhausted with the idea and was nearly tempted to just say 'bag it' and come back and buy the decorations on Monday or something.

But like I didn't want to leave my tank sitting empty for that long.
And I can't potentially reuse any decorations/plants that I already have until I know how main decorations in the tank fit into place.

So I ended up buying the three decorations I thought would work well together.

And had just enough energy when I got home to get those three decorations into the tank.

And encountered the slight snag in that the water levels rose enough adding in those three large decorations in that I would need to take out a bit of water before I added any more decorations or plants into the tank.

And I didn't have the energy to do so.
Nor the creative brain power to try and design where plants and such would go. 

Because by that point i had a slight headache going and was exhausted from the long day at work.

So I called it a day for today on decorating.

Maybe tomorrow I'll have more energy to be more creative and try and get what decorations I want to reuse into the tank (and empty out a bit of water first) so that way when Monday or maybe Tuesday rolls around, I'll have a better idea of what sort of extra decorations I'll need to buy in order to 'complete' the tank. 

*fingers crossed* it works out.
But at least I took the first big step in decorating and bought those three larger pieces. ^^;;

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment