Thursday, July 18, 2019

Summer Casualities

Sometimes I wonder at customers.
Because like....really? How dumb do you think we are?

So this morning I was bagging crickets right?
Like I usually do.
Because if I prebag a set amount, then I get less people bugging me for crickets throughout the day.
In this case,
I was in the middle of bagging our large crickets when a customer came into the store wanting six of them.

I didn't think much of it because this was one of our regulars.
The number varied slightly each week, but I knew the customer and so didn't think anything about handing them the bag of six crickets I'd already prebagged.

That is...
Until a handful of hours later...I don't know how much time passed exactly, but at least two hours maybe? 
And my manager calls over the radio that she needs six large crickets bagged up.
Random.
But okay.
I'd already bagged up that amount after giving the first bag of six to the customer.
So I grabbed it, only to tur and see the manager coming with their own bag of crickets....
And a familiar face of the customer I'd helped a little earlier standing a bit behind them.

The crickets in the bag the customer had purchased were all Dead.

Which with how hot it is, and how quickly they had to return for said crickets....
I figured they'd been left in the car.

I mean, those were freshly bagged crickets. There was no reason for any of them to have died within a twoish hour period. 

But the customer claimed they didn't leave the bugs in the car.

Mhmmm.
I don't believe them at all.

Especially not when the manager was like "yah...but I could see steam coming off the bag."
Steam means heat.
Heat means left in the sun.
So unless you walked around with the crickets in the heat for a couple of hours.
I'm pretty darn certain that you left the creatures in the car.

*shakes head*

It happens every year. 
Customers forget that no living creature should be left in a car in the middle of the summer heat.
They don't last long.
At all. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment