Thursday, July 25, 2019

Popular??

So I'm in the process of posting chapters to the most recent story that I've finished writing.
It's my second longest one at nearly 15k words long and 11 chapters. 

Most of the time if I do multi-chapter stories I stick with 3-5 chapters.

So 11 is a lot.

And the concept is one that I've been personally looking forward to with...well a bit of trepidation.

Because it's hard to predict which stories will be popular and which ones won't in a fandom.

Some gain immediate attention.
Others never do or take months to do so. 

So I always hope that a story will be popular.
But I usually expect to only get like maybe 100 notes and such.

But this story I've been posting?

Well I'm only on chapter 4 of the 11.

And like.
It's crazy the response I've gotten.

Some of the popular bloggers in the fandom have requested that they be added to the taglist so they're updated when I post the next chapter (as I'm posting a chapter twice a week) or have followed me. And it's like crazy.

Because usually when I post a new story, I gain like maybe 5-20 followers after I do.

Not this story.
No I've jumped up at least 100 followers already.
and I'm only on Chapter 4!

Like.
I'm feeling the pressure.
Will people like the remaining 7 chapters as much as they've liked the first 4? 
Will I continue to gain like 20-40 followers with EVERY chapter? 

It's crazy.
It's crazy crazy crazy.
I never expected the story to get so popular like this.
And I'm just. Geeking out about it.

I really hope they like the remaining chapters.

Because it's stressing me out not knowing. ^^;; 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment