Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Watch Out

I went shopping yesterday, just a 'quick' jaunt to the grocery store after work -where I had a person ask me if they could help them....because they assumed because I was wearing a name tag that I worked at the grocery store.- Nope nope I don't. Just dropping by from my own work.

In any case. I was there to grab a couple of things for a Grilled Cheese night I was having with friends.

And had the random thought cross my mind that I should buy a new watch while I was there.
As I'd noticed how ratty the thing was getting.
Which usually -since the band is the leather sort- if that happens then that means that the watch is probably going to break soon.

But I had no idea when the band would break. It could be tomorrow it could be six months from now....
So I didn't buy the watch.

I should have though.
Because guess what happened halfway through my shift at work today?

Yep.

The band caught on something I was getting down from a high shelf.
And the little stitching holding the band to the metal watch face....snapped.
Leaving the band unusable.
And me without a watch on my wrist.

*shakes head*

Thankfully I had a shorter shift today.
So I didn't have to go watchless for long.

But that meant another trip into the grocery store today after work.

Thankfully it was a quick in and out sort of thing.
And I had my new watch -which looks exactly the same as the old watch- on my wrist and changed to the correct time before I left the parking lot. ^^;; lol. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment