Tuesday, July 9, 2019

A New Toy

It's been something I've been thinking about buying....for like ever really.
I mean my current laptop is like...at least four or five years old.
Which is ancient in laptop time really. 
It's showing it's age a bit...in that most of the letters on the keys have vanished lol. And the computer moves a little slower than it did in the beginning.
But otherwise it's a good functioning laptop.

Which is why I've hesitated for so long to buy one.
I mean, this laptop still works.
So why should I get a new one?

Still. 
I kept my eye out, checking out sales on laptops and such. 
And noticed that one in particular that I liked, one of the HP Google Chromebooks.....
Would consistently go on sale. Every couple of weeks or so it would be reduced in price by like $150. 
And most 'protection plans' that you can get that last for like a couple of years, would cost about that price. The $150.
So I would basically be buying the laptop at full price....but with the addition of the protection plan within that price. So yay for that!

Only.
I still hesitated.

A couple of weeks ago....
I decided that I really did want to get that new laptop. 
As it was again on that $150 off sale. 
Only, I'd never seen it in person. 

Still. I went to the local store....to check it out...or at least similar laptops to it. 
Because they didn't have the one I wanted to buy on display.

But the ones 'similar' weren't at all 'exactly' like it. And I didn't like the other versions.
Which made it difficult to convince myself that I would like the one I thought I liked after seeing the pictures of it on the internet....

But there was another store about 20 minutes away that did have my laptop on display.

So after dithering for a while and deciding not to buy it there, Kikay convinced me that it wouldn't hurt to drive up and at least check out the laptop in person and see if I actually liked it so I could decide if I wanted it or not.

Which upon arriving.
I totally loved it! :D 
It felt right. It was cool. Kikay says that I 'totally lit up' when I was playing around with it. :D 

….I didn't end up buying it though. 
It felt like too much pressure.
I didn't even need another laptop.

Though the thought of getting a new one had grown stronger as the laptop seemed to be getting slower and more difficult---though in reality it still works just fine. 

In any case.
The day before I left to go see family up in the family reunion for the 4th of July weekend....
I decided that again, I wanted the laptop as again it was on the $150 off sale.

But I was still hesitant...because maybe that sale sign had been a fluke? Had I accidentally checked on the wrong day and the sale had changed since then?

So I decided that if I looked and saw it was still on sale, I would go grab it after work.....

What did I find when I looked?
That it WAS on sale.
But for $200 off instead of the $150!
So I would be saving myself an extra $50. YES! 

Those last remaning hours of my work shift were torture.
Because the store only had three of my laptop in stock...and one had been sold that day.
So I was worried I would miss out on this sale because I was stuck at work.

Thankfully that wasn't the case. :D 

I got off work, zoomed on over and got my laptop bought and purchased with its protection plan in like 10 minutes!

HUZZAH!

However, next came the one tiny problem....of me going straight on vacation like...that very afternoon....

And there was no way that I was bringing a BRAND NEW laptop on vacation with me. :S :S :S :S who knows what sort of damage it could take. 
No I wanted to play with my new laptop in the safety of my home.

So for the past few days....it sat in it's box. Unopened, while I took my old laptop with me on vacation.

But today.
TODAY.
I finally had the time to pull it out and ahhhhh

I love it so much.

Lol So glad I made that purchase. ^^;; 
Though I'm still at odds as to which laptop I should use....
Currently I'm still using my old laptop for my writing projects...while the new laptop has been playing movies off of Netflix as background music. ^^;;

I'll probably end up transferring over to the new laptop soon.
But for now, I'm having fun with both going at the same time. ^^;;

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.

Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment