Monday, July 8, 2019

Done with It

I wasn't mentally ready to go back to work today.
Like if coming back home had been....better....I probably would have been in a better mood.
But because yesterday was stressful and I'm worried for my Daddoo….

Coming in to work to find that there was a mountain of fifteen or so cages of various sizes still in the back needing to be clean and knowing that practically ALL of them have been there since I left on Wednesday....
Is frustrating.
So frustrating.

Like my coworkers had four freaking days to clean those cages.
And what did they do?
Nothing. 

I get that it was the 4th of July weekend. So therefore busy.
I mean we made $10k more this past week than we usually do. 
So it was busy.
We also lost about 30 hours in MY department because a couple of coworkers called out sick last week as well.

But like....I deal with having no second opener all the day. I deal with having just me in the department all the time.
And I can still get things done and cages cleaned.

The excuse that 'it got busy' is getting thin.
It can't always be busy. 
I KNOW closing shifts.
I KNOW what days get busy.
And not EVERYDAY is busy. 

I was planning to show one of my coworkers -a newer coworker- what is expected with closing when they showed up for their shift as we would have a bit of overlap to do so.
Only guess what?

Yep.
They called out sick.

*exhales*

So mostly I need to just work on seeing if I can find time to retrain the closing staff on how quickly to close and what they need to do with closing.
Because there should be no excuse as to why dishes and cages aren't done. XP 

So. 
Frustrated. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment