Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Cleaning Ever Cleaning

So I deep cleaned the cat cages yesterday.
After my coworkers had bleached the cages the night before.
But to doubly check and make sure they were 'clean.'
The managers wanted them sprayed down again with our cleaner thing we use at the store. 

So I set to work, using the spray bottle to spray every single inch of those cages and then wipe them dry.

And at the end of the task, I realized my thumbs were kinda sore, specifically on the knuckle closest to the palm of my hand.

Turns out, I'd sprayed the bottle so much that I had rubbed a raw spot on each thumb -as I'd switched hands when I got tired. 

Oops.
It's been a while since I've done something like that.

Oddly enough the one on the right was worse than the one on the left....so either the angle was worse with that spray bottle...or else my left hand is pretty used to getting hurt lol. 

They're still slightly tender today.
And it didn't help at all that I needed to use the spray bottle in order to clean the reptile cages either.
So my right thumb ended up with even more of a raw spot. *exhales*

Which meant that I didn't really want to use that hand to scrub tanks after I was done cleaning cages.
Because I didn't want to antagonize or possibly cause an infection from that.

So for the first time in like forever....seriously after the infection in my left arm I've barely used it to scrub tanks....and that was like what 4 years ago now?

In any case.
I chose to use my left hand to scrub the fish tanks.
Kinda weird to do that.
It's been so long.
So very long. lol
My hand isn't used to that kind of work, though it gets plenty of work with scrubbing out animal cages. *shakes head* 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment