Friday, July 12, 2019

Kitchen

One of the consistent things about growing up at home, was that Mother Dearest would often be in the kitchen doing the dishes/cleaning up after the dinner that my Daddoo had made. 
-As that was their system, he cooked the food, she cleaned up the mess afterwards.-

But since Mother Dearest's passing....
The kitchen has...kinda been an organized disaster area.
More emphasis on disaster.

After all, it's mostly been Daddoo home alone.
And he's not been cooking as much because it's hard to cook for one.
Even harder to clean up afterwards.

Honestly, I don't know if we've majorly cleaned the kitchen since Mom's passing.

And today.
I had time.
And the will.
To try and just...get a bit of cleanness back into the house.
As Daddoo has often stated that he needed to 'catch up' on things.
But he's been saying that for a while.

So I figured since I was up there for the day -due to a dentist appointment- that I would take a little bit of time and just organize and clean a few things.
Specifically the kitchen.

I attacked the counters specifically.
As they've been crowded with random assortments of odds and ends and things that don't belong in the kitchen.

Cleared it off. wiped it down. Attacked the stove because that thing needed a serious wipe down as well as the microwave and finished by doing the dishes.

Oh and making dinner for Daddoo and I.
Because I figured, if the kitchen was clean, and he could see that it's easier to cook in it....
Maybe it would inspire him to cook a bit more. To be more proactive in keeping things cleaner....

We'll see though.
But I felt well accomplished in my task of bringing a bit of sunshine and warmth back into the kitchen so it felt more welcoming and inviting and such. 

*fingers crossed* that it can stay cleaner. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment