Sunday, October 13, 2019

Counting Ever Counting

It's that time of year again.
Where I had to go into work on a Sunday.
Why?

Because it's our Semi-Annual animal count.
*exhales*
Which, as I've stated multiple times I'm sure.
I feel is completely pointless.
I mean we literally count ALL the animals EVERY week anyways.
So like...why do we have to do an 'official one?' 

*exhales* 

The only benefit I suppose.
Is that this time around we got to skip two weeks worth of counting.
As apparently we didn't need to do the animal counts this week.
And since it takes a couple of days to process the count we don't need to do it this upcoming week either. 

So yay for technically skipping two weeks of counting.
Though really we're just counting right in the middle of both weeks since for my work the week ends on Sunday and begins with Monday. 

In any case.
This time around was also slightly different because I ended up working an actual shift.

The last time or two I've only been required to come in at close to count the animals specifically.
But today.
I worked an actual shift where I dealt with customers and needed to close and such.

Which delayed the counting of the animals a bit after we closed because I had to finish the closing tasks of the department and the manager had to finish the closing tasks for the entire store and yah...we ended up clocking out an hour later than scheduled.
Ooops.

Can't be helped.

It's kinda typical really.
It takes a couple of hours to do the counting and such. 

In any case.
I halfway expected to have to catch a lot of birds today.
Because that's what normally happens when I work Sundays.
The people come in all seem to want birds.

But apparently I got my fill of that on Thursday when I last worked, because I didn't catch any birds....which I suppose is because we only had like five parakeets on the floor...meaning that everyone who wanted a bird probably already came in and got them before Sunday lol. 

Instead I was mostly catching fish for everyone.
which is a rather typical task throughout the week though not as normal on Sunday.

*shakes head*

In any case.
We got all the animals counted. :D Yay! lol all 6,664 of them. Whew. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment