Thursday, October 3, 2019

In The Bird Cage

So we've had this Chameleon in the store for a while now.
Probably a good six months if not longer.
Which is not uncommon...but it is weird that the chameleon has sat there for so long.
As usually they go pretty quickly when we get them in.
Like within the month most of the time it feels like.

But for whatever reason.
No one wanted this chameleon.

And so by the day he got bigger and bigger and bigger.
To where he was about three times the length that he was when we first got him in.

And on the visit before the one we had earlier this week.
My District Manager mentioned that the chameleon was too big.
And so we could adopt it out.
That way we could get another chameleon in. A younger one that was smaller and more likely to draw a customer's eyes so people would want to buy it.

So we needed to find this chameleon a home.
But we didn't want to send the lizard to just any person.
Because chameleons are a bit more maintenance and delicate and aren't good for first time animal owners who think they want a Pascal in their home. 

So we kept it on the down low that the chameleon was up for adoption.

And I ended up reaching out to my brother a couple of months ago.
To see if he was interested in a chameleon.

Which he was.
But he wanted a girl
And the one we were trying to adopt out was a boy.

But still, he didn't like the idea of this chameleon not going to a good home.
And so planned to adopt him out after he got back from vacation....

Only on that vacation he unexpectedly ended up obtaining a specific type of snake.
And therefore no longer had room for the chameleon.

Which was fine.
We weren't in a hurry to adopt it out after all. 

But then it was two months later.
And the chameleon was still here.
And the District Manager noticed on the visit earlier this week and was like "you need to adopt that out ASAP" 

So I reached out to my brother again.
But he still had no room.
However, working in the Aquarium as he does...he has a ton of coworkers who are just as obsessed over animals as he is.
And so reaching out to them he found a friend/coworker who loves reptiles as much as my brother and wanted the chameleon.

So today.
I adopted out the chameleon to my brother.

I ended up taking him home for a couple of hours though as it would be a bit of time before my brother could make it down to my part of the valley.

And I ended up putting the chameleon in a homemade wooden birdcage that had been left at the store a couple of years ago that I'd brought home.
Just so he could be out and about and see around him and wouldn't be stuck in the traveling box that I'd put him in to take him home for the next couple of hours.

So yah.
We had the chameleon chilling in the wooden bird cage for a couple of hours.
lol and my roommates were so fascinated by him.
Because they'd never seen a chameleon up close before.
They were intrigued by his feet, his tail, his eyes, especially the eyes. XD lol As well as the ability to shift in color and such. 

So yah. That was a fun novelty experience with my roomies.
I think they were a bit sad to see him go.
But he's off to a much better home now with the proper set up and such. :D

So yay for finally getting the chameleon adopted! Woot!

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment