Sunday, October 20, 2019

Focus and Inspiration

So I made more of an effort today to listen in church.
Because I admit it.
My mind isn't at church when I'm at church.

I'm more distracted with my phone or writing down story ideas or thinking about plot elements to actually pay attention to what is being sad.

Which I recognize isn't the best way to like being at church if I'm not 'learning' anything for it.

So today I tried to make more of a concentrated effort to pay attention.

Which worked rather well for me the first hour as I was having fun posting quotes from the talk online.
-So yes I was on my phone, and I was playing games on it, but I was also listening this time around and trying to get tidbits of inspiration from the talks.

So I left the first meeting feeling rather proud of myself because I did that and I paid attention!!!

.....
But it's still a work in progress.

As I ended up picking a Sunday School class where the teacher's voice.....bugged me.
So I spent most of that hour fully zoning out because I just...couldn't stand to listen to them talk. 

So note to self.
Pick a different class next time.

But hopefully I can start getting back more into participating in the lessons and learning and gaining inspiration rather than just being a body sitting there. 

We'll see.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment