Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Laid Up

I woke up feeling a bit more tired than normal.
Which, considering the stress I felt at the dentist yesterday....
I wasn't too surprised that I hadn't ended up sleeping well enough.

But I figured I would 'wake up' at work.
As even when I'm tired, I usually perk up a bit once I've been up and going for a little while. 

That didn't happen. 

It seemed my body had decided that it was tired. 

And I knew that I was at the bad stage of tired because I could feel an ache growing behind my eyes. 
And my ability to appear 'awake and well' fading as the day wore on.

Because if there's an ache behind my eyes.
That usually means that I need to crash. 
And sleep for like three hours or so to recharge basically.

So that's what I did when I finally got off work.
Because not even grabbing a Dr. Pepper after my lunch break helped to perk me up.

Nope.
I was just at that "Go to bed" tired stage.

Only.
It didn't work.

Instead of waking up feeling better and more awake.

I woke up with a major migraine pounding away behind my skull. 

Which is annoying.
Especially when there wasn't anything particularly stressful about today.
Even though yesterday was a different story.

But it was one of those migraines where it was...difficult to treat mostly because my stomach didn't want to stay settled, so it was risky taking medicine to help relax my tense muscles because I was barely able to keep crackers down.

So I ended up on the couch downstairs, heat pack over my eyes and across my shoulders with the lights dimmed and the TV turned on low as background noise -yay Baseball game- 
As with nuclear migraines my brain tends to end up going into a loop sort of thinking where it just keeps replaying the same snippet of words or song over and over and over and over and over again.

-This time being the song "Creature in the tub" 

And I needed something to break that loop.
So having random baseball commentary helped a bit.

But yah.
I ended up laid up on the couch for the rest of the evening.
And only began feeling better just after 11.

*exhales*
I'm glad it's faded enough that I probably won't wake up with the migraine still there tomorrow.

But we'll see how that goes. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment