Thursday, October 17, 2019

Work Through the Pain

Other people probably would have called out.
You know.
Upon having their migraine from the day before still present and keeping you from getting real rest during the night.

It probably would have been healthier to call out.

I almost called the store asking if it would be okay if I came in a couple of hours late.
Because I was pretty sure that if I could just rest for a couple more hours....my migraine would finally fade away and I wouldn't have to go to work with a pounding in my skull.

But like every time I get a migraine....
I end up going to work anyways.

Mostly because I'm stubborn like that. 
Like it's just a migraine. I can work through it.

And this one...wasn't as bad as previous ones had been.

Still.
I wasn't functioning too well when I came in.
But. 

I knew that work would have a soda machine.
And with my stomach being queasy due to the aching in my head.
I figured that if I could buy a drink that would settle my stomach.
I would be able to have the headache go away.
As that's been a normal occurrence before. Drink a pepsi. Stomach feels better. Headache goes away.

It wasn't any different today.
Though I bought a Coke instead of a Pepsi because the soda machine had the Coke in the bottle and the pepsi in the can and I figured a bottle would be better in the long run.

In any case.
The soda and some goldfish crackers,
And probably warming up and working out my muscles cleaning things.

Helped to make the headache fade. 

....For a while at least.

At least it made me able to function at work.
Which is a good thing since it was just me and the manager that morning.
So if I hadn't shown up...the manager would have had to wait outside until someone else showed up because it's policy not to enter the store by yourself. 

So yay for the buddy system.

But yah.
I survived work...until...well around lunchtime.

When the headache came back.
Tried to head it off with some meds and taking a nap with a heatpack on my lunch break.

But it wore away my tolerance for people.
And made the last couple of hours more difficult to bear.
Especially because it got busier and because I was in pain I was moving slower.
And because I was moving slower I was in the middle of trying to do the bedding change.

Only to have people call me every which way every two minutes.
So I got antagonized with that.
Especially because I knew there were at least two other people in the store who could help out the cashier yet it felt like I was the only one coming to the cashier's aid. 

Which made it difficult to tolerate helping people because I just wanted to get my own tasks done and I kept getting interrupted and.....

*exhales*
I was glad to head home. 

Where I could rest and relax and not have to worry about helping people.
I could just work on getting my head to stop aching.
Which it has now.
For now.

We'll see if it stays gone.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment