Thursday, February 13, 2020

A Busy Day

Well...today has been quite the adventure.

I mean, I was expecting it to be atypical because I was scheduled to work the night shift today. 
And I'm usually never on this sort of shift.
At least not anymore.
I usually work mornings.

But due to a bunch of different factors in other coworkers schedules...I ended up being like the only one able to work the closing shift today.
All my other coworkers either couldn't work it or were scheduled in other areas in the store.

So to have the coverage we needed....we needed to have me work a night shift instead of my morning shift.

So I was expecting the day to be...well crazy.

Crazy started far earlier in the morning than was expected.

As my manager texted me around 615 saying that my coworker, the one who would be covering the opening shift....had called out sick. And so my manager needed me to come in.

Which okay.
I can easily do that.
But like...who would be covering the evening shift? Because it's not possible for me to work the entire day. That's waaaaay too long of a shift lol

The manager was like "we'll figure it out!"

Mhmmm sure.....
Knowing what I knew...it was doubtful.

And turns out I was right.
We ended up giving me a split shift.
So I worked until lunch time this morning.
And then I came back for the last two hours of the work day to help with closing tasks.
Which I probably should have come back an hour before that as it was apparently crazy that third hour before we closed lol. But as soon as I showed up the store basically died. 
Soooo yah not quite sure why I was needed in the evening, beyond being a third body in the store lol. 

In any case.
The morning started out with me coming into work unexpectedly which meant that I had to unfortunately wake up one of my roomies to move her car as she'd parked behind me as I had mentioned I'd be working the evening shift so it would be okay.

Note to self.
Don't tell people they can park behind me. It never works out.

Then at work itself.
I ended up finding, while I was working on opening, that the cages in our back rooms hadn't been properly shut.
Two of them had like a good two inch gap of an opening in them meaning that the hamsters within could easily find a way out.
Which is what two of them.
We had two hamsters loose this morning.
And I only managed to find one of them, hiding among the bird cages in that room.
The other one...is still missing....who knows if we'll ever find him. :S

We also discovered that my department's phone....is broken.
Something happened to it where it somehow got wet.
Because it was giving us the white screen of death and when I pulled out the battery to check it...it had water on it.
So like....not a good sign.
As that leaves us with only one working phone in the store....when we used to have like....six? two for grooming and four for the store. *shakes head*
It sucks.
Big time because those phones are apparently really expensive to replace. *exhales*

So that was how the morning worked out. *shakes head*

It's been...crazy. 
Though at least the two hours I spent at work in the evening weren't that bad. Not too crazy. 
Still though....

It was a bit of an odd day.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment