Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Ever Cleaning

There's something just....exhausting about having to do the same task again and again and again.
Especially when it's a task that shouldn't need to be done consistently.

And yet.

*exhales*
So for the past little bit I've been coming up to Daddoo's like a couple times a month to help out.

And it feels like...
Everytime I come up.

The living room and the kitchen upstairs are in various states of...well disorganization.

Which is frustrating because it's hard to feel welcomed when you come into a room and have no place to sit.

Especially when I've made sure multiple times in the past to clean up. To make sure you could sit in the living room. To make sure you could sit at the kitchen table and the counters were clear and the dishes that were either in the sink or already in the drying rack were cleaned and put away.

And it's...irritating.
To feel like a maid.
To have to do the same thing over and over and over every time I come up.
Like.
It's stressful.
It's frustrating.
And I don't like it.

So I brought it up to Daddoo this time around.
That I would prefer it if the kitchen and living room stay cleaner.

Like I know the basement has been in a crazy mess in forever.
And Daddoo feels like the only way he can organize the mess is to take bits of the mess out of the basement and bring it upstairs and organize it in a different room.

But like...it never gets fully done.

If the idea is to bring stuff out of a messy place and decide if you a) want it or not b) want it back in the basement or not....I would think the final step would be "If it's not going back in the basement then it needs to be put in it's new spot."
Not just....left in the living room.
Not just placed on the kitchen table.

Like some of it was prepping stuff. Gathering stuff up for Kikay as she's moving out and Daddoo wants to make sure she takes the things she needs to take. So it makes sense why it can't be put away....

But like....it should have at least been placed in a spot that wasn't going to interfere.

Especially since we have family flying in tomorrow for a weekend visit.

I want the house to look good for them.
To be clean.

And yet...Daddoo didn't keep the upstairs how I had left it the last time I went up.
And therefore I had to take time away from helping out in the basement....to make sure that the upstairs was presentable too.

*exhales*

It's frustrating.
And I'm hoping. That with this final major push to get the basement habitable (if not pristine just yet) that it will prevent the upstairs from constantly becoming messy.

Guess we'll see.
Old habits die hard it appears.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment