Sunday, February 23, 2020

A New Ward

()_()
My ward got dissolved today.

Like.
It's something that can happen.
But like.
WHAT?!?!!?!??!!?

Out of all the things I expected when I came to church today.
....That wasn't it.

My bishop released...everyone released. The ward no more.

Like O.o WHAT?!

Apparently there was a slight heads up that 'something' was happening as they announced an evening meeting after church during sacrament meeting last week too...but I hadn't been aware of it as I had taken a 'Me' day that day to just...chill. 

But yah.
It's weird.
So weird. To think that like...my ward isn't my ward anymore.

I mean I've been to meetings where the boundaries of the ward have changed.
But I've never been in a ward that just...doesn't exist anymore.

But apparently this has been in the works since late 2018?

As the stake presidency had the feeling that they needed to adjust the boundaries of the stake.
But they decided to wait it out a bit.
See how things fell.
As there was a zoning law change that they were waiting to see if it would pass and take effect and how that would effect the membership of the young single adults in that area.
And then there was a creation of a midsingle adult ward that they wanted to see how that affected things.
But towards the end of 2019 they again visited the boundary topic. Got opinions of the bishops in the stakes, had a lot of prayer...and then after determining how they would like the new boundaries to go...sent their proposal to the first presidency for approval to change the boundaries....
Which occurred sometime this year in January.

And here we are.
With my ward no longer existing.
With my ward now divided with half of us going to one ward and the other half going to another.

But like.

I'm excited?

I mean. I was rather nervous because I don't like change.
But with how much change has been happening in the past couple of weeks it only makes sense that church life would like to throw a bit of tumult in so I'm basically to the point of "whelp this might as well happen."

But. 
Guys.
I am so much Excite!

Because at the meeting I went to.
They showed us a map of where the boundaries were now for each ward.

And then they would have the bishop stand up in that ward so those who weren't originally in the ward could see their new bishop.

And guys.
My bishop?

He's an old college institute teacher of mine!!!
Like. I took so many classes from him.
Worked with him on the institute council a bit.
And he's like one of my favorite teachers.

AND NOW HE'S MY BISHOP!!

Guys I'm SO EXCITED FOR THIS!!!

Like.
When he saw me he was like "SARNIC?! NO WAY! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" And pulled me into a hug. 
It was the best.
Like that was the best way to immediately feel welcomed into my new ward.

Gah. I'm just like. So excited to have him as my bishop.
I'm already looking forward to this ward.
As the few members I met at the meeting were quite friendly as well.
And like they seemed so genuine and happy and it's...I'm hopeful for my new ward.

As while my current one was okay...it felt....well kinda stagnant. 
I had no interest in participating in any of the ward activities.
And like hardly any guys showed much interest in like...dating....

So I am so much excite for this new ward.

I can't wait to check it out this upcoming sunday. And just see who all I'm going to be meeting with now. :D

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment