Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Attempted Delivery

So last week I ordered some fish decorations online.

Specifically glofish ones that would glo under a blue light.

And while I can easily buy fish decorations at work.
And usually do buy them at work since I get a discount there.

We don't have as many options in the glo decoration area as I'd like.

So for funsies I found some that I liked and ordered a couple packs of them.

And both packs were supposed to arrive on Sunday.

Which I ended up taking a rest day that day.
So I was literally home all day long.

So there should have been no issue in having my packages arrive when they were supposed to.

I mean, it was raining....but like that's hardly a deterrent to getting things delivered. 

So I expected no problems.

And yet.

When I checked online to see how my order was coming along as it was within the time frame it shoudl be arriving. 

I was confronted with an "Attempted to Deliver." notice. 

Attempted to Deliver?

What do you mean 'Attempted?'

Because like.
I'd literally been home all day.
I had been hanging out on the couch by our front door.
So that I could get the package as soon as it arrived.

But there had been no doorbell.
No note left on the door.
No note left in the mailbox.

Nothing.

And like.
It was just fish decorations.
So it's not like it's an item that needs to be signed for or anything.

So how could the delivery of my package have been 'attempted' then.

I mean.
I was home.
Nobody knocked on the door or ran the doorbell. *shakes head*

I mean.
It was raining at that point.
But I hardly thought a little rain would stop a delivery. 

So how then was it 'attempted?'

Honestly I wonder if the mail person accidentally tried to deliver it to the wrong house.
Realized it was the wrong house.
Also realized that my address wasn't on their route and so had to say they attempted to deliver it instead.

Of course.
There could have been other circumstances.
Car trouble.
The delivery person got sick.
The weather got super crazy for two minutes.

Or maybe like the delivery person recognized my name. And knew me...and didn't want to me??

Seems unlikely...I don't think I know anyone living in my area that works as a delivery guy....

I'm guessing it's the first option.
That the package ended up at the wrong address and had to be redistributed.

It's just weird though.

Because two other packages arrived on Sunday without issue.
The second was for my roommie.
The third was my second package I was expecting.

So like two of the three packages we were expecting today arrived just fine.

What happened to the first??

Well.
It finally arrived today.

I don't know if the holiday yesterday affected mail delivery.

But if it was at the wrong address...the wrong city....I could see it taking a bit to get my package to the right distributor to be delivered to me. 

I'll probably never know why it couldn't be delivered on Sunday.
Which is irritating because I don't like not knowing things.

But at least the package arrived!! Woot!! It didn't get lost anywhere so yay! 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment