Sunday, February 16, 2020

A Day of Rest

I've been feeling worn down recently.

With all the emotional turmoil I've been experiencing.
It's no surprise that I woke up with a sore throat this morning.
Because I'm sure I'm wearing myself out and not allowing myself to get enough rest. 
And with the stress of other's stress getting to me....

I decided to just take a rest day today.
To not go to church.
And just hang out.

Because like....I know that I get more stressed out when I don't have enough 'me time.'

So I took a me day.

To just hang out.
Relax.
Write a bit. 

And focus on not straining myself so that the sore throat would fade away.
Which it mostly did. So woot!
Hopefully I can nip the possibility of getting a cold in the bud so that it's a mild case rather than a major one as I can't really afford to get sick this week since my manager and another coworker are both out of town on vacation currently. :S
No need to leave our department down a third member. :S

And I have to say.
It was nice.
Nice to not have to go anywhere
Or interact with anyone.
Just...be alone on my own terms. 

It's definitely something I need. 
Especially since I don't know the next time I'll be able to 'rest.' 

So much to do.
And not many days to do it in.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment