Friday, February 7, 2020

Constantly Redoing

You know the saying where it's like 'two steps forward and one step back?" 

I've been feeling that today while I've been helping out around Daddoo's house.

Because...for whatever reason. It seems like Daddoo loves to make messes.
So like...I'll clean something up...and then come back two weeks later to find the area a disaster again.

Like I get that he wants to get the house 'organized'
But I really....feel like it would be easier if you just....kept the mess in one room?

Like.
Daddoo feels that he needs to have a 'staging area'
A place where he brings from other rooms so he can decide if he wants to keep the things or not...and then decide where to put them. 

But the problem is that the staging area....is always a room that's already been cleaned.
So it just becomes messy again.

I mean.
Like two weeks ago when I was last up.
I helped to clean up the living room and kitchen so that when the sibs came over to have family dinner...we would have a place to sit and a place to eat/cook.

It was clean.
IT was nice.
It had a good feel to it.

And then I come back up yesterday afternoon.

And both rooms are a disaster again.

Stuff piled everywhere making it difficult to sit down, the kitchen table covered with stuff. 

At least this time....the dishes weren't left in the sink. They'd actually been set out to dry...if not put away.

But like...it's frustrating.

Because part of the reason for me coming up to Daddoo's on my day off was so that I could help him continue to organize the basement while he's away.

But because the upstairs was messy and Kikay was stressing over it...I ended up spending a couple of hours again cleaning the two rooms I had cleaned two weeks ago. 

Like....I could have used that time to focus more on the basement.

Two steps forward...one step back. *exhales*

So I didn't get as much accomplished down there as I'd been hoping to while Daddoo is out of the house.
And it doesn't help that like..things that I had thought were 'put away' are suddenly not put away again.
Boxes that were stacked in one area were suddenly stacked in another.
And just shoved haphazardly about.

*exhales*
So. 
Frustrating. 

Especially because I feel like I'm running on fumes already. So to be taking time to go help out and focus on others....is draining. Especially when I have to keep redoing the same tasks I accomplished the last time before I can continue on with things.

At least with Daddoo away I can be reasonably confident that upstairs will stay clean until I come up next. 
But we'll see.

We'll see.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment