Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Still Sick and Getting Sicker

*exhales*
I feel like I unleashed the floodgates when it comes to my tank.

Like not literal water spilling anywhere.

But illness.

I admit.
I probably triggered it by adding too many fish together too quickly. 

And it's possible a couple of those fish had something on them.
Like maybe a fungus.
Or a fin rot or something.

I mean I think I saw one neon tetra with a whiteish tail fin.
But surely...that couldn't infect an entire tank right?

Wrong.

I mean.
The ick was unwelcome but not surprising.

After all it comes out when fish are stressed and adding 37 fish into my tank would definitely count as a stressful situation.

But then others began getting fin rot.
Red fins.
Just straight up vanishing....

And today my big one eyed goldfish...was all pineconed and ended up dying. Y_Y;;;

I've lost like 30 of the new fish.
And a good half dozen or so of my older fish.

And I feel like everytime I start treating one illness...another one pops up.

I mean I have the super ick cure, melafix, pimafix, and even some aquarium salt as well as stress coat added into my tank currently.
In hopes to nip everything in the bud.

*exhales*
But it doesn't seem to be helping.

And I'm pretty certain by the end of my treatment.
I may just call it a loss.
Do a water change.
Put the cartridges back in.
And just let nature take it's course.

Because if three rounds of super ick cure can't cure the ick.....
And the fish are still dying....

I may as well just let them sort themselves out and try again later.

*fingers crossed* that it doesn't come to that.
But like...there's only so much treatment I can do....

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment