Monday, February 10, 2020

Accomplishment

So like...2 and halfish years ago.

I began posting fanfics for Detective Conan/Magic Kaito (DCMK) on Ao3 and FF as well as Tumblr. It was my beginning forays into writing fanfic and I was planning to write a bunch of DCMK stories and establish myself as a DCMK writer lol.

And then Sanders Sides happened....and I was like "Oh, I'll just write this one story then go back to DCMK!" 

Only...it wasn't just one story.
I wrote another.
And another.
And another.
As I was getting many more responses to Sanders Sides than I was with DCMK.

But I was like "Oh, I'll get back to it!"

And I told myself I would.
I made myself a promise.
Or a goal I suppose.

That until I wrote another DCMK fic, I wouldn't publish any Sanders Sides on the other sites.

As I didn't want to be one of those authors who people follow because they write for one fandom...but then is suddenly writing for another one. 

I wanted to make sure that the people who already had followed me for DCMK would still get DCMK fics and not only Sanders Sides.

So that was my goal.

Write another DCMK story.
THEN I can post my Sanders Fics! 

Only....
I kept writing Sanders Sides.
And I wasn't writing any DCMK.

But by now.
Over Two years later.

I've gotten quite the following of people who read my Sanders fics on Tumblr.
And I've gotten a couple of requests from there asking if I have my fics anywhere else.

As Tumblr can make things difficult to find on their site.
And there's no easy way to link my stories all together in one place despite my best efforts.

So the easiest way would be to just post it onto the other sites where I can keep them all together and people can easily follow me and stay up to date on fics. 

BUT.
I had made this goal.
Two years ago.
To not post on those sites until I wrote and posted another DCMK fic. 

There were multiple times I nearly threw away this goal.
Tossed it aside.

But I'm a stubborn soul when I want to be.
And I realllly didn't want to be that person that suddenly changes fandoms.

I mean...I even played with the idea of creating a second username on the other sites so that I could post the Sanders Sides there without feeling guilty about my neglected DCMK username.

But I liked the idea of all my works being together in one spot. No matter the fandom.

Sooo.
With the goal to start posting Sanders Sides to these other sites this year.
I set to work on trying to finish one of my DCMK wips.

....It wasn't going well.

BUT!
In the end, after watching some episodes in the DCMK series I ended up getting inspired and wrote a completely new story.

AND FINISHED IT!

Ha!

So today.
After TWO years I finally managed to post a DCMK fic to those sites!!

XD XD
Which means I can now start posting my Sanders Sides stories!
Woot!!

ACCOMPLISHMENT!!

It's an amazing feeling. XD lol.

Now...I just need to keep writing DCMK stories so that my followers can enjoy those fics while I also build up my rep for Sanders Sides over there as well. XD 

Lol shall be an interesting goal...we'll see how well I do in accomplishing it. ^^;; 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment