Monday, May 7, 2012

Bring out the Red Pen!

A while ago...I had a friend come up to me.
An excited smile on her face.
That's never a good thing. ;) lol.
Excited smile usually means a crazy idea.
Crazy ideas are good things.
So excited smile and crazy idea = what?
Me somehow involved.
Not usually actually. It was rather surprising to have this facial expression directed my way.
okay I do get that expression. I'm just usually not involved.
But this time around...
I'm apparently going to be involved.
O.o Crazy. So crazy.
But I'm actually feeling excited about this.
You see...Mirleki....has a writing group at her school.
...I don't quite understand the concept.... I guess it's a club? Though it sounds like a class...I really don't know.
But in this writing group, Mirleki's VP saw....
Okay I should start at the beginning.
A few months ago...I think it was two...maybe three??
Mirleki asked if I would critique the story she wrote.
Again... my response was.
O.o Crazy. Crazy person.
I've critiqued before...and I can be harsh. Kikay found that out...back when she was a budding writer.
And Mirleki is a budding writer.
So I warned her. "You know I can be harsh right?"
-I've read alot ALOT of books...I know what I like...
Her response was like. "Yes. I'm willing for it to be critiqued."
Not quite those words...but she knew what she was getting into.
Sooo I did it.
With a red pen. Oooo
It was like....painting the pages red.
I felt a little guilty about it. Alot guilty actually.
Soo much red.
Yet she said it helped.
I hope it did.
...I did like critiquing :) It was fun. Time consuming but fun to write in ideas, suggestions, corrections.
And I was like. Yay that was fun. :D
Handed back the story...and completely forgot about it.
Until a couple of days ago.
Apparently  VP saw the dripping pages of Mirleki's story....
O.o and she liked what she saw/read in my critiques.
o.O
O.o
o.O
You do? She did? Wha???
What does this mean for me?
Well... the group is having a contest of sorts. They're writing...first chapters?
And then they want them critiqued.
And guess who they want to be the critique?
Yep.
Me.
()_()
Such a huge responsibility. Critiquing stories.
For new writers? First chapters?
()_()
The thought is exciting. :) I would like to read other people's ideas.
Though I think I will need to print out a warning label that says:
Warning: Sarnic can be a harsh critique. You are still a great writer. Keep working on it. Her critiques are suggestions. Get your page critiqued by others as well not just by Sarnic.
Haha :)
I probably will do that actually. I don't want to crush anybody.
I do want to help them improve.
And it would be a great idea for them to have others critique.
I tend to focus on timelines, and small details that don't quite add up so it flows. Other people will focus on other things.
So yah...
I'm a bit leery, but really excited to do this critiquing thing. :)
And I hope Mirleki warns everyone that I can be....a hard critiquer
And that she shows them her own story so they can see how red that is.
So that they have an idea of what they're getting themselves into.
;) lol
Still...I look forward to it. :D
Now...where is that red pen....??
;) Hehehehe.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves!
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I had gone down to the store to get groceries.
And I couldn't quite remember everything I needed to get. Or else I saw things I thought Kikay would like. So I went to text her...but I had left my phone charging at the apartment. So I was in a grocery store that seemed like the close Smiths/Winegars store, without a phone. And no way for people to contact me. So I went about the store, getting meat. Blue frosted sugar cookies, and bread. I talked with a couple of other people....that were kind of creepy. They were dressed in browns. Old. They were a bit crazy and I didn't feel quite safe. So I headed home. I was in my college school. Going up stairs...there was something unsettling going on at the school...and I still didn't have my phone....

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

1 comment:

  1. Now if you could manage to get paid for it then it would be...... a job. lol - Mom

    ReplyDelete