Thursday, May 31, 2012

Upon the Shelf

So yesterday I was sitting in a High School Graduation.
Not participating...
Just spectatoring.
And ceremonies seemed to be going rather long....
It's strange how when you're not participating in the events that they take forever...
but when you are in the events...time seems to fly by.
Anywho.
I was randomly struck during one of the speeches, with a line...
inspired by something the speaker said.
And from that line...I wrote on my note pad app a short poem.
It's rough, but I thought I'd share it here for kicks and giggles.

I lay in wait upon the shelf.
Waiting for a hand,
To pick me up and dust me off
So I can make my stand.
To show my world,
My point of view,
A different type of thought for you.
But alas, I wait upon the shelf
Closed and bound.

                       -S.N.D

:)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was desperately trying to finish writing my bit of story for writing group, but I kept getting distracted. There was a computer program I was helping my brother Meralto to complete that involved the stars and I had to shout out a number to him, but there were so many different whizzing numbers running across the screen that he got frustrated with me really quickly because i wasn't shouting out the right number. And all the while I was trying to avoid a person, and get my story done secretly so Patrick wouldn't find out....

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment