Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Couple and Me

Do you ever find yourself with two other people that are a couple?
Which means that technically.... you're the third wheel? If you remain in their presence?
For some....this may be an awkward situation to be in.
I've been in the situation where it does turn somewhat awkward.
But most of the time, I find myself pretty comfortable hanging with a couple.
lol, I think it's because....they're a couple.
That means I can just be a friend.
Or on occasion a chaperon.
I don't have to worry about...well... making a good impression for the couple.
Especially the guy lol.
I guess I feel like I can be more like myself with them.
Not that I can't be myself with a group of people.
But I suppose it's more work. With a group of people there you're aware that someone could be watching you. What you do, what you say, judging you.
With a couple...they're a bit more focused on each other. lol.
Needless to say...
I feel more comfortable hanging around couples when I'm with others.
lol they seem to do fun random stuff as well :)
And it's fun to hear about their adventures.
lol perhaps I connect better with couples...because I feel they're....on my level of maturity?
hmmm.....probably not haha :) I guess it depends on what stage of the relationship they are in....yah. The maturity feeling usually comes with those couples who are engaged or married.
Because well...they're going to the next level of life.
Hmmm I'll have to think on this more.
The thought just came to my mind as I hung out with a friend and his girlfriend today. :)
It could have been awkward, and yet it wasn't. :)
I had fun with them, and I wish we could have spent a bit more time together doing something crazy. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment